There have been several Davol/Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh recalls for certain patches since October 2005 containing design defects which may result in serious and potentially fatal injuries.
A defect in the design of some of the larger Kugel hernia patches could cause the memory recoil ring to break as a result of stress during placement.
There have been multiple reports of serious injuries, including bowel perforation, chronic intestinal fistula and death.
Garrett Law Office, P.C. is currently investigating potential injury lawsuits for individuals who had one of the recalled Kugel hernia mesh devices implanted. Contact us today and request a free legal consultation by calling toll-free 1-888-GARRETT (1-888-427-7388) or filling out our contact form.
Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh Patch Recall
Approximately 750,000 Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh patches were implanted to repair hernias. The patches are designed so that they can be folded when inserted and then spring open to lay flat once in place.
The Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh Patch is manufactured by Davol, Inc., a subsidiary of C.R. Bard, Inc.
The following products have been recalled:
- 8.7” x 10.7” Product Code 0010206
- 10.8” x 13.7” Product Code 0010207
- 7.7” x 9.7” Product Code 0010208
- 6.3” x 12.3” Product Code 0010209
- 5.4” x 7.0” Product Code 0010202
- 4.5” Product Code 0010204
An recall was announced in December 2005. In March 2006 and again in January 2007, additional hernia mesh devices were added to the recall. The FDA has classified the hernia patch recall as a Class 1 alert. This means the product carries a reasonable probability of causing serious adverse health complications, including death.
In 2008, a U.S. District Judge overseeing Davol hernia patch lawsuits issued an order requiring the manufacturer to preserve additional documents relating to other hernia repair products that include dual-mesh, regardless of whether they also include a ring.
The consolidated hernia patch litigation now includes the following products made by Davol (also known as Bard and Surgical Sense):
- Composix Kugel Hernia Patch
- Kugel Hernia Patch
- Ventralex Hernia Patch
- CK Parastomal Hernia Patch
- Modified Kugel Patch
- Composix E/X Hernia Mesh
- Composix Mesh
- Composix L/P Mesh
- CruraSoft Patch
Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has sustained injuries or serious side effects after having the Bard Composix Kugel Hernia Mesh or other hernia mesh devices implanted, contact our office. We can help you receive compensation based on your injuries through a lawsuit against the negligent medical device manufacturers. Call us toll-free 1-888-GARRETT (1-888-427-7388) or fill out our contact form for a free legal consultation.
- Charite Disc Complications Include More Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain Pump Delivers Relief But May Cause Severe Damage
- SOUND Devices Act Hopes to Change Flawed Medical Device Approval
- Duragesic Fentanyl Patch May Cause Overdose and Sudden Death
- Chondrolysis with Continuously Infused Local Anesthetics [Video]
- Potentially Life-Threatening Injuries Associated with NuvaRing Contraceptive Device
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Side Effects